HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Adscend Media may obtain, collect, retain, store or otherwise maintain Your Personal Information from the following sources:
- Your Adscend Media Application: In order for You to use any of the services provided by Adscend Media, including becoming an Adscend Media publisher (collectively, the "Adscend Media Services"), you will be required to submit an application to Adscend Media ("Your Application"). Your Application will require You to provide Personal Information to Adscend Media. If Your Application is rejected, Adscend Media may retain Your Personal Information at its discretion.
- Your Creation and Maintenance of Your Adscend Media Account: If Your Application is accepted, You will be required to provide Personal Information to Adscend Media in order to create and maintain as current an account with Adscend Media ("Your Account").
- Your Responses to Communications form Adscend Media: From time to time, Adscend Media, may communicate with You through email, postal mail or other forms of electronic communications regarding the Your Account, the Adscend Media Services, the and Website. If You respond to these communications, Your responses may contain Personal Information.
You can decline to provide Your Personal Information to Adscend Media by not engaging in the activities described above. If You decline to submit Personal Information, Adscend Media may not be able to or may choose not to provide to You some or all of the Adscend Media Services.
Adscend Media also collects non-personally identifiable server-log information relating to users of the Website. This information, may include information such as, but not limited to: (i) Your account activity, including storage usage, number of log-ins, data displayed or selected, including user interface elements, links, etc.; and (ii) Your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of Your request, date and time of access, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify Your browser and referrer Uniform Resource Locator. None of this information enables Adscend Media to personally identify or contact You.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Evaluating and verifying Your Application and communicating with You regarding Your Application;
- Doing business with You, including processing payments and communicating with you regarding Your business activities relating to the Adscend Media Services;
- Processing, formatting and displaying customized content on the Website for You;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve the Adscend Media Services and the Website;
- Communicating with You, with Your consent, regarding new and additional Adscend Media Services and changes to the Website; and/or
- Ensuring the technical functioning of the Website, including creating and maintaining back-ups or other archival copies of Personal Information and other related data.
Adscend Media restricts access to Personal Information to those employees, contractors and agents of Adscend Media who need to access Personal Information for the purposes specified above. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
HOW ADSCEND MEDIA USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as otherwise set forth herein, Adscend Media does not share Your Personal Information with third parties without Your consent, except when We believe that it is reasonably necessary to do so in order to comply with a subpoena or other judicial order or process, as otherwise required by law or in order to enforce or remedy a violation(s) of Adscend Media's Terms of Service. In such circumstances, Your Personal Information may also be disclosed to Adscend Media's attorneys.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
Adscend Media may collect or purchase information from third parties regarding persons who provided such information to those third parties. Information provided by the third party may include, but not limited to, individual names, email and postal addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, genders, and any other information provided by the Third Party. Adscend Media uses its reasonable best efforts to ensure that (i) the third party possesses the right to transfer the information to Adscend Media and (ii) Adscend Media has received the right to communicate with the persons who provided the information.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS PLACED BY ADSCEND MEDIA
A web beacon is generally a transparent graphic image (usually a very small pixel) that is placed on a website or in an email which is used to monitor behavior of a user visiting a website or email. When HTML code for a web beacon points to a site to retrieve the image, it can pass along information such as IP address of the computer that retrieved the image, time the page was viewed and length, the type of internet browser that retrieved the image, and any previously set cookie values in regards to the web beacon.
INFORMATION SHARING AND ONWARD TRANSFER
Adscend Media reserves the right to sell, rent or otherwise share some or all of Your Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of Adscend Media if:
- You have consented to such sale, rental or sharing; and/or
Adscend Media takes reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of its data, including Personal Information stored or maintained on its servers and other systems. These measures include internal reviews of Adscend Media's data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to servers and systems where Adscend Media stores personal data.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as required by the Terms of Service, You may change the settings of Your Adscend Media account via the "settings" section of such account. You may organize or delete certain information through such settings or, alternately, terminate Your Adscend Media account. Adscend Media reserves the right to retain archival copies of information that You delete. Adscend will only use Your deleted information for the purposes of detecting and avoiding fraud and will share such information with third parties only when We believe that it is reasonably necessary to do so in order to comply with a subpoena or other judicial order or process, as otherwise required by law or in order to enforce Adscend Media's Terms of Service.
When you use the Website, Adscend Media makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information. Where applicable, Adscend Media asks individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and Adscend Media may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where Adscend Media provides information access and correction, Adscend Media provides this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Adscend Media is not interested in accepting and does not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18.
If you are located outside of the United States, You acknowledge and agree that by using the Adscend Media Services and by accessing the Website, Your Personal Information will be collected, stored, and used by Adscend Media in the United States. As such, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of Your information in the United States and that the collection, storage, transfer and use of any of Your information will be governed by the laws of the United States.
If You have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us by clicking on the link below.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows users who are California residents to request information about the disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by clicking on the link below.
Adscend Media adheres to the US safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework, see the Department of Commerce's web site.
This page was lasted updated on April 17, 2012.Contact Us